- Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts: Friday 2 September
- Notifications of Acceptance: Friday 23 September
- Registration Availability: July
- Early bird Registration Discount Expires: Friday 21 October
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing your abstract for oral presentation:
- Abstracts should include new information, however, abstracts presented at previous meetings or similar conferences may also be submitted.
- The abstract should include specific information about the results and conclusions of the research. Abstracts stating “results will be discussed” will not be accepted.
- The abstract should have a clear connection to Sports Medicine. Contributed oral presentations will be grouped by discipline/topic. Please choosing from the following list of disciplines/topics to assist in selecting an appropriate session for your presentation:
- Injury Specific
- Sport Specific
- Oral presentations will be limited to 15 minutes (unless otherwise agreed with the Scientific Committee), including time for questions.
- Presenting authors must register and pay the registration fee prior to Friday, 21 October 2016 or their presentation will be removed from the programme.
All abstracts received by the deadline of 2 September will be reviewed.
The submitted abstracts will be reviewed for presentation and must be prepared in strict adherence to the instructions list below:
- Please type, single-spaced, an abstract of no more than 500 words (one page of standard A4 size) in Times New Roman, 11pt or similar proportional typeface. Figures and tables may be added but these must be in black and white and easily legible for photographic reproduction. Diagrams, figures, tables and references must still fit within the single A4 page margins.
- The title should be brief (15 words or less), specific and should reflect the content of the presentation. Please do not use abbreviations in the title.
- The abstract should substantially outline the content of the presentation, including conclusions.
- References are to be numbered in alphabetical order. Names of journals should be abbreviated according to the format approved by Index Medicus. All references must be cited in the text. Journal titles that are single words only should be spelt out in full. All authors must be listed. Pagination should be inclusive.
Please use the form below to submit your abstract as an attachment (MS-Word document) or place the abstract in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In submitting an abstract, the author declares that the paper is an original contribution and gives permission for the Conference Organiser to publish, if accepted, in the Conference Handbook. The author further agrees that if the abstract is accepted, he/she will appear and present the paper or arrange for its presentation. If the author is a student, the submission of the abstract must be in agreement with his/her supervisor.