REGISTRATION AVAILABLE WEEK OF 6 AUGUST
Date: 26 – 27 October
Venue: Hotel Rutherford
Dr Lynn Snyder Mackler
Dr Alan Vernec
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts: Extended to Monday 6 August
Notifications of Acceptance: by Monday 20 August
Registration Availability: August
Early bird Registration Discount Expires: Monday 1 October
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES – ORAL AND POSTER
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing your abstract for oral or poster presentation:
- Abstracts should include new information, however, abstracts presented at previous meetings or similar conferences may also be submitted.
- The abstract should include specific information about the results and conclusions of the research. Abstracts stating “results will be discussed” will not be accepted.
- The abstract should have a clear connection to sports medicine.
- Oral presentations will be limited to 15 minutes (unless otherwise agreed with the Scientific Committee), including time for questions.
- Poster presentations (printed only) will be scheduled during one of the tea or lunch breaks at which time authors will be expected to stand by their posters to answer questions. The date and time of the poster presentations will be included in the scientific programme.
- Presenting authors must register and pay the registration fee prior to Monday 1 October 2018 or their presentation will be removed from the programme.
All abstracts received by the deadline of 6 August will be reviewed.
The submitted abstracts will be reviewed for presentation and must be prepared in strict adherence to the instructions listed below:
- Please type, single-spaced, an abstract of no more than 500 words (one page of standard A4 size) in Times New Roman, 11 pt or similar proportional typeface. Figures and tables may be added but these must be in black and white and easily legible for photographic reproduction. Diagrams, figures, tables and references must still fit within the single A4 page margins.
- The title should be brief (15 words or less), specific and should reflect the content of the presentation. Please do not use abbreviations in the title.
- The abstract should substantially outline the content of the presentation, including conclusions.
- References are to be numbered in alphabetical order. Names of journals should be abbreviated according to the format approved by Index Medicus. All references must be cited in the text. Journal titles that are single words only should be spelt out in full. All authors must be listed. Pagination should be inclusive.
Please email your abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the following heading in the subject line: “NZ Sports Medicine Conference Abstract Submission”. Abstracts may be placed in the body of an email or may be sent as an attachment (MS-Word document). Please state clearly as to whether the abstract is for oral or poster presentation.
In submitting an abstract, the author declares that the paper/poster is an original contribution and gives permission for the Conference Organiser to publish, if accepted, in the Conference Handbook. The author further agrees that if the abstract is accepted, he/she will appear and present the paper/poster or arrange for its presentation. If the author is a student, the submission of the abstract must be in agreement with his/her supervisor.
Selected conference abstracts are printed in Sports Medicine New Zealand’s official publication, the NZ Journal of Sports Medicine. If you would like your abstract to be considered for publication indicate: Yes / No