What is Sports Medicine New Zealand?
Sports Medicine New Zealand is New Zealand’s leading sports medicine special interest group. We are not for profit, multidisciplinary and our organisation was founded in Dunedin in 1963.
Who can join Sports Medicine New Zealand?
Our membership is open to health professionals and other individuals and groups interested in sport, exercise and community health.
What are the benefits of being a member:
- Become part of the multidisciplinary team supporting New Zealanders, from those working in elite sport to those choosing to live an active, healthy lifestyle.
- Opportunities to meet and learn with colleagues via free/discounted attendance at meetings and seminars hosted by our regional branches and also our national conference.
- Access to an exclusive member rate at the national conference, held annually and in a different location each year.
- Opportunities to earn CME/CPD credits at our regional and national meetings.
- Access to our library of regional meeting video recordings.
- On-line subscription to our own journal the NZ Journal of Sports Medicine, in its 40thyear of publication and released half-yearly.
- On-line access to the British Journal of Sports Medicine via the members’ page of our website.
- Subscription to our newsletter.
- Direct notification of professional vacancies.
Membership Categories and Fees:
Full; open to any person who by virtue of tertiary study, academic qualification or services to the medical and scientific aspects of sport is sufficiently qualified to make full membership appropriate. Full members have regional and national voting and office bearing rights.
$280 including GST
Associate; open to:
- Non-tertiary qualified persons including athletes, coaches and trainers.
- Members of sports bodies and clubs, government departments and other groups interested in the activities of SMNZ.
Associate members have the same privileges as full members but shall not have a vote or hold national office.
$140 including GST
Subscribing; open to any individual, group or organisation. Subscribing members have the same privileges as full members but shall not have a vote or hold office. Multiple membership discounts are available under this category of membership. Please contact our national office for details.
$280 including GST (Individual Only)
Student; open to persons attending tertiary institutions of learning (ie, full-time graduate students) who demonstrate an interest in the work of SMNZ. Student members have the same privileges as full members but shall not have a vote or hold office.
$50 including GST
For all membership enquiries, please contact the national office:
Sports Medicine New Zealand Inc.
PO Box 6398
Send us an email using the form below