What is Sports Medicine New Zealand?
Sports Medicine New Zealand is New Zealand’s leading sports medicine special interest group. We are not for profit, multidisciplinary and our organisation was founded in Dunedin in 1963.
Who can join Sports Medicine New Zealand?
Our membership is open to health professionals and other individuals and groups interested in sport, exercise and community health.
What are the benefits of being a member:
- Free or discounted attendance at our regional seminars. In addition to being educational, these are great opportunities to get to know other members based in your region.
- Access to the member rate at the national conference, held annually and in a different location each year. The 2021 conference will be held in Wellington, dates to be advised.
- Access to our library of regional meeting video recordings.
- On-line subscription to our own journal the NZ Journal of Sports Medicine, released half-yearly.
- On-line access to the British Journal of Sports Medicine via the members’ page of our website.
- Direct notification of professional vacancies.
Membership Categories and Fees:
Full; open to any person who by virtue of tertiary study, academic qualification or services to the medical and scientific aspects of sport is sufficiently qualified to make full membership appropriate. $300 including GST
Associate; open to; 1) non-tertiary qualified persons including athletes, coaches and trainers, and 2) members of sports bodies and clubs, government departments and other groups interested in the activities of SMNZ. $150 including GST
Subscribing; open to any individual, group or organisation. Multiple membership discounts are available under this category of membership. Please contact our national office for details. $300 including GST (Individual Only)
Student; open to persons attending tertiary institutions of learning (ie, full-time graduate students) who demonstrate an interest in the work of SMNZ. $55 including GST
For all membership enquiries, please contact the national office: Sports Medicine New Zealand Inc. PO Box 6398 Dunedin New Zealand. Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm. Send us an email using the form below