Welcome to the Auckland Branch of Sports Medicine New Zealand
The role of the Auckland Branch of Sports Medicine New Zealand (SMNZ) is to provide opportunities for our members to continue their professional development in the sports medicine field, to provide networking opportunities for their members and to recruit new members for SMNZ. We also provide an annual grant for a member from the Auckland branch to speak to at the SMNZ national conference, and a second grant for research in the SMNZ field.
We aim to provide at least 3 opportunities for Auckland members throughout the year to attain points and network with other sports medicine professionals, hold our AGM in December and run student recruitment days at the beginning of the first semester.
- President: Kelly Sheerin (Physiotherpist and Biomechanist)
- Treasurer: Brayden Visser (Physiotherapist)
- Secretary: Mandy Crawford (Osteopath)
- Stephen Kara (Medical Doctor)
- Justin Chong (Podiatrist)
- Justin Lopes (Physiotherapist)
- Dane Baker (Dietician)
- Dan Tuke (Chiropractor)
- Toni Bradshaw (Physiotherapist)
- Nicky Dunn (Medical student)
- Suzy Falconer (Physiotherapy student)
- Annie Gummer (Physiotherapy student)
- Josh McGeown (Sports Science student)